- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- May 2013
- All Current Articles
Sierra Nevada Corporation - Louisville, CO
Join SNC and be part of the team changing the way the world goes to space!
SNC is looking for a driven, organized and results-oriented Director of Supply Chain, responsible for all supply chain activities for SNC’s space division, including the Dream Chaser spaceplane. As the Supply Chain official for the Space Systems business area, this individual will advise senior leadership, from Program Directors up to SNC’s President. The portfolio of responsibility includes purchasing, subcontracts, estimating proposals, and partnering with supplier quality, supplier program management and material planning. This is a newly formed executive role and the selected candidate will have the ability to shape the service delivery and future road-map of the team. This position reports to Vice President of Operations.
SNC’s space products range from satellites, plant growth systems, rocket and propulsion and the business area’s marquee program, the Dream Chaser.
- Develop, review and approve significant purchase order packages and major subcontracts to ensure compliance with all internal procedures, laws and regulations
- Assist Supply Chain personnel in developing corporate-wide agreements in order to maximize the value of every dollar committed. Direct the most suitable method of purchasing such as purchase order, contracts, blanket purchase orders, and supplier stocking arrangements
- Periodic review of overall supplier quality and delivery performance
- Work with Supply Chain personnel to improve our suppliers' on-time delivery and assist in identifying systemic problems
- Maintain an open competition environment
- Maintain supplier relationships that contribute to SNC's long term competitiveness
- Develop alternate sources of supply as needed to ensure a healthy supply chain, consistency of quality and competitive pricing
- Focus Supply Chain decisions on overall cost to SNC versus price only
- Establish and maintain near and long term corporate-wide periodic performance metrics for the Supply Chain function that are in line with company objectives and policies
- Ensure these metrics are effectively communicated to all Supply Chain personnel
- Follow best business practices to support UCC, FAR, DFAR, CFR, CAS, and TINA statutes. Ensure Audit Readiness of all SNC
- Supply Chain groups to maintain SNC's CPSR approval
- Provide reviews, guidance and training to buyers and expediting personnel
- Consistently improve Supply Chain operations by increasing personnel capabilities and skills through training and cross-training
- Promote a professional, service-oriented Supply Chain environment with full awareness of regulations concerning business ethics
- Maintain, review and approve written Supply Chain procedures and guidelines
- Ensure that corporate procedures and processes contribute to having all purchased items and services meet cost, quality, schedule and technical requirements
- Review contractual requirements with a thorough knowledge of all applicable regulations and laws. Disseminate requirements insuring proper contractual flow down to suppliers
- Evaluate overall Supply Chain workload and adjust assignments both short and long term to provide the highest level of support to internal customers
- Ensure new Supply Chain employees are properly trained on how to access/enter information in the material management database
- Support SNC Small Business program both in terms of increasing the use of small businesses of all categories and ensuring small business reports are properly maintained
- Ensure that a continuous line of communication is kept open to maintain a high level of program status awareness, provide timely recognition and resolution of problems and prevent surprises
- Participate in contract strategy, development, review and negotiations for the critical programs
- Support proposal activities to price bill of materials ensuring appropriate cost justification and documentation
- Coordinate across all organizational functional areas to include Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Contracts, Admin, and Business Development to insure total program continuity
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience working in a Supply Chain environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
- Experience working in the Aerospace and Defense industry
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
Ball Aerospace - Broomfield, CO 80020
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Supply Chain Management Specialist I - Material Proposal Coordinator
Ball Aerospace seeks a self-motivated and detail-oriented Material Proposal Coordinator to contribute to the Bill of Material Pricing Team in response to BATC Customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs).
This is an entry level position within Supply Chain that provides an opportunity to develop skill sets within the proposal process, specifically material pricing. Role includes requesting and entering quotes from suppliers, as well as reviewing and entering them into Ball pricing software. Job duties also include verifying the Bill of Materials top 80% cost drivers. Role participates in cross-functional teams in Supply Chain Management. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to solicit and review supplier quotes to understand quote validity, price breaks, exception statements in addition to all costs associated with purchasing materials.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work within multiple teams across many functional areas to gain an understanding of the proposal process and contribute to a dynamic, fast paced and growing team.
What You’ll Do:
- Gain an understanding of BATC proposal process as it relates to Bill of Material (BOM) pricing.
- Request and receive quotes from suppliers.
- Review all quotes entered for accuracy and validity through the requested date and populate the Pricing Software; Become an expert/professional in quote review/comprehension.
- Review Bill of Materials top 80% cost drivers for accuracy.
- Learn the Ball Aerospace Material Proposal Pricing (MPP) tool.
- Proactively coordinate with the proposal team regarding workload and deadline requests.
- Manage excel spreadsheets and report to the proposal team through various stages of the quoting process.
- Provide input, analysis, and support for annual additional quantities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team while making individual contributions.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to notice changes in documents.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication (written and oral) skills and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting local and virtual team members across various geographical locations.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word, and Adobe Professional preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
ArcherDX, Inc. - Boulder, CO 80301
Production Planner (ADX-268-20)
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Production Planner is responsible for coordinating production workflow for one or multiple products, planning and prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay. The Production Planner also determines the raw materials and consumable inventory to needed to support production demand. This role will coordinate closely with the Manufacturing teams to ensure proper capacity planning for the given production suite can be obtained from given forecasting needs.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Schedule usage of production materials to ensure optimal production levels
- Monitor material supply flow and identify any shortages or bottlenecks in usage
- Manage deadlines to meet Operational On-Time-Delivery (OTD)
- anticipate program needs, and expedite material and material requirements for production, manufacturing or kitting operations.
- Assist in identifying production and kitting needs with the Manufacturing teams
- Plan sequential manufacturing and kitting operations; may estimate and generate production schedules to accommodate the master schedule.
- Provide continued information to update project schedules.
- Write and maintain manufacturing routers, configuration requirements, and material traceability documentation.
- Support inventory management strategies based on Kanban needs, requested inventory order point, and ERP system strategy.
- Create and utilize purchase requisitions through approval.
- Anticipate material/ part shortages or delays and expedite as required to eliminate project schedule impacts.
- Assist Manufacturing to plan and coordinate equipment requirements and cost estimates for production manufacturing and kitting operations.
- Identify long lead procurement and fabrication needs.
- Provide material and manufacturing status reports.
- Maintain strict adherence to business process and government compliance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Technical certifications such as an APICS certification preferred
- 2+ years’ experience as a production planner in the industry, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Strong regard for product quality and safety standards
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Attention to detail and proficient in data entry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment
- High school/ GED diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred
DISH - Englewood, CO 80112
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
The In-Home Services (IHS) Training team is seeking an Inventory & Logistics Specialist to help us deliver a best-in-class new hire experience for technicians participating in virtual training. This person will manage all training inventory, including tools, uniforms, and training materials. Additionally, they will support new technicians with uniform and PPE ordering, access management, and assisting with any travel logistics as needed. This position requires a high degree of ownership, communication, and attention to detail.
This person must be self-motivated, curious, independent, detail-oriented and driven to carry out the following primary responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison between new hires, local office management, and trainers to ensure a best-in-class new hire experience
- Manage all training inventory, including completing physical inventory audits and cycle counts, handling defects, and placing orders and shipments to required offices
- Work with the Fleet and Inventory teams to effectively manage inventory and implement improvements
- Perform analysis on shipping and inventory costs, and make recommendations on process improvements
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure new hires have all equipment and materials to successfully participate in training
- Orders, maintains base stock inventories, and handles all shipment logistics for issuing new hire uniforms, badges, and PPE
- Partner with HR and IT as needed to resolve access issues for new hires
- Works with recruiting and Training Managers to provide communications to new hires about training logistics
- In coordination with the travel team, assist with any travel logistics for remote technicians as needed, including resolving issues
A successful Inventory & Logistics Specialist will have the following qualifications:
- Experience in a relevant field such as inventory management, operations, training, business, or similar relevant field
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem solving, and communication skills to address a wide variety of audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of inventory and logistics concepts; experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets preferred
- Experience working with an inventory management system preferred
- Meticulous organizational skills, high attention to detail, and delivery on commitments
- Excellent customer service, technical support, and interpersonal skills
- Very adaptable, and able to handle multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, result-driven, time-critical environment with minimal daily oversight
ADD STAFF is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Buyer/Contracts) for a contract position with Colorado Springs Utilities. Below is the job description. The pay rate would be between $28.50/hr and $32/hr.
Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Negotiating contracts for engineering, construction, to include alternative delivery contracts, and professional services and consulting engagements in support of a wide range of projects with strategic impact, including enterprise-wide and customer-facing systems and programs
- Managing complex, high-dollar, high risk, and high visibility solicitations, and leading the sourcing process, working with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure selection of best-value suppliers through fair and ethical solicitation practices; strictly adhering to public procurement policies and procedures
- As a procurement subject matter expert, analyzing and interpreting complex contractual issues to develop and implement improvements in contracting, sourcing and procurement policies, processes, and legal practices in order to mitigate risk and resolve issues
- Providing a high level of service by engaging with internal stakeholders through collaboration, training, and providing guidance regarding advanced sourcing, supplier management, and risk mitigation practices
40+ hours per week
Monday through Friday
Contact Rick Ogilvie at [email protected] for information.