- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- May 2013
- All Current Articles
Inventory Planner/Controller Associate (Entry level)
LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION - Littleton, CO 80125
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can apply your expertise to a very important mission? We are a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Material & Distribution team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours - as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for an entry level Inventory Planner/Controller to join our mission. This position is a service-oriented role in which you will provide direct support to various Space programs and manufacturing floors. Ours is a fast-paced environment, one in which you will work with multiple programs and locations at various levels of production support. Your strong verbal and written communication skills will help you resolve issues and discrepancies as they arise.
What will this role typically involve?
- You will be responsible for the control of inventory a warehouse and in two parts stockrooms supporting multiple programs across the campus
- You will process and monitor customer demands and inventory planning on program production orders
- You will keep supply chain metrics up-to-date and maintain accuracy of the inventory database
- You will work with the asset specialist team overseeing the kitting of parts and flight hardware as well as staging for delivery to the production floor, and will work with flow centers and manufacturing areas in support of their material requirements.
- Occasional overtime, weekends, holidays, or off shifts
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 0 - 3 years of professional experience..
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
- Paid time off
- 25 three-day weekends
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Receiving/Warehousing/inventory experience
- Prior experience working in a customer focused role
- Must have strong computer skills to include experience with an automated system designed to manage major business process such as procurement, planning, or supply chain/inventory management
- Familiarity with inventory management software
- Knowledge of shelf-life materials, hazardous material, and temperature-controlled material
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work occasional overtime, weekends, holidays, or off shifts
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Business Administration or similar field
- Good Understanding of Supply Chain metrics
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite – Intermediate/Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of SAP, ASRS, and other inventory systems
- Warehousing/Inventory experience
- Experience working with Union contracts
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide daily direction to represented staff
- Ability to work independently, with occasional supervision
- Advanced analytical abilities to help reach all organizational objectives in the area of supply chain and inventory management
- Ability to provide reports, requested information, completed special projects, and assignments to management as needed
- Able to multi-task for multiple programs and be able to determine urgency of each request
- Ability to complete assignments requiring judgment and discretion, failure to achieve results may affect schedules and programs. Must possess the ability to work well in a team environment, as well as on their own with minimal supervision
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Position: Material Buyer
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Founded in 1984, Aqua-Hot Heating Systems, LLC is one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the recreational vehicle (RV) industry. We offer premium products that provide RV owners with exceptional comfort while saving fuel, reducing emissions, and adding real value. Aqua-Hot supplies more than 40 original equipment manufacturers in North America, China and Europe.
Aqua-Hot provides great solutions that make our customer’s product better.
We are looking for a Material Buyer to order supplies and equipment based on our company’s needs as well as cycle count materials to ensure the accuracy of our inventory records.
As a Material Buyer, you will work to coordinate the purchase of products and materials on behalf of our organization. You will also build and maintain relationships with vendors in order to ensure our company always has a source for necessary products. Material Buyer handle administrative duties relating to purchases, including tracking orders and ensuring records are kept up to date. You will also be responsible for cycle counting materials in order to keep our inventory records accurate.
Ultimately, you will make cost-effective purchases and ensure we maintain a fully stocked inventory.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
- Research potential vendors
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Prepare cost analyses
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
- Cycle count materials and research discrepancies
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Purchasing: Awareness of overall manufacturing purchasing concepts (e.g., analysis, management, planning, and process design).
- Microsoft Office: Able to create and utilize documents for tracking and presentation purposes using programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Administrative Functions: Able to plan, budget, and organize different resources (e.g., human, financial, or physical). Activities may include weekly scheduling and managing expenses.
- Supply Chain: Understand the basic components of a supply chain and the related concepts, such as demand forecasting, capacity planning, just-in-time production and supply chain process improvement.
- Warehouse/Inventory Management: Understand basic concepts and systems related to
inventory storage and management, such as supply storage, cycle counting, assigned locations and point of use storage.
- Enterprise Resource Planning Software: Familiarity with using Microsoft Dynamic ERP
Software for inventory management and order management.
- Supplier Relationship & Management: Able to develop and maintain supplier
relationships using common management, negotiation and clerical methodologies; ensure supplies meet quality requirements and technical standards
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Judgment & Decision Making: Consider the costs and benefits of potential actions and
choose the most appropriate one. Know when to take action and what actions to take.
- Reading Comprehension: Able to understand numerous types of work related
documents and be able to pull out key information from documents and other data sources including POs, instructions, due-dates, customer requirements, quality requirements, etc.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related
information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination: Gather and pass along information between multiple departments for
logistical and operational planning purposes (e.g., supply chain, resource scheduling); account for possible issues with contingency plans for different areas.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Experience as a Material Buyer, Purchasing Assistant, or similar role
- BSc in Business Administration, Logistics, or relevant field a plus
- APICS CPIM Certification highly recommended
Our Benefit Package Includes
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Long Term Care
- Educational Assistance
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Erin Cable at [email protected]