- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- May 2013
- All Current Articles
Ball Aerospace - Westminster, CO 80021
$105,500 - $145,500 a year
Full Job Description
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Supply Chain Category Manager - Strategic Sourcing - CAPEX
Ball Aerospace is looking for a new Indirect Strategic Sourcing member that will drive operational efficiencies and cost savings. This position will lead initiatives across the company that will result in hard and soft cost savings, both are critically important. We are growing fast and need to catch up our supply chain structure and processes to support this growth. Our team is smaller yet has a huge impact on the day to day operations of the company. This position is category specific but will benefit from general strategic sourcing process knowledge so that it can be applied across key areas of spend. If you’re looking for a chance to make a huge difference, with leadership that has an open mind, this position is calling your name. Our CAPEX category is not yet fully built out and may have other categories added underneath.
What You’ll Do:
Develop and implement Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing activities.
- Execute RFx steps within the Strategic Sourcing process.
- Produce baseline, market analysis, current supplier analysis, build strategies, negotiate, write and execute contracts.
- Develop supplier, category, and contract management.
- Develop and deploy applicable technology solutions to sourcing activities and general business processes.
- Fulfill savings, process improvements and enhanced business terms.
- Communicate across multiples departments to gain consensus for hard and soft cost savings.
- Work with operational leaders to understand business processes and structure to improve.
- Develop and implement new operational processes.
- Use quantitative/qualitative skills to analyze and manage large quantities of data to understand trends and opportunities.
- Work directly with suppliers to understand new and better initiatives.
- Develop, monitor, and produce savings tracking methods and processes.
- Establish and maintain supplier quality management system.
- Manage CAPEX projection plans.
- Develop CAPEX management structure, partnered with applicable business unit, to standardize manufacturers, parts list and buying process.
- Manage team members to make sure purchase orders are processed to vendors in a timely manner.
- Pay critical attention to detail with thorough checking to maintain high quality information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
BS/BA in related field plus 10 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 5 or more years of recent Strategic Sourcing experience preferred.
- Project management skills and ability to manage from baselining, implementation, and ongoing management of the category.
- Ability to multitask and be open to side projects that may not always be directly related to Sourcing activities.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently.
- Strong contract experience.
- Experience in process mapping preferred.
- Process engineering skills preferred.
- This position may require occasional work outside standard first shift hours due to customer needs and requirements.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
HIRING SALARY RANGE:$105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.