Carefree of Colorado, a division of the Scott Fetzer Company and Berkshire Hathaway, is the world's premier provider of awnings, shade products and accessories to the global Recreational Vehicle market, Marine OEM and Aftermarkets. By leveraging our 45 year history, leading industry position, and financial strength, we are able to provide unique opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
We have built a strong manufacturing and assembly operation by embracing LEAN principles, investing in technology and in our team members. We pride ourselves on the Quality, Value, Performance and Style of our products and are always looking for team members who want to grow and achieve success right along with us.
The Plant Manager will oversee all phases of plant operations including safety, production, quality control and maintenance.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide leadership and direction for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility across all shifts.
- Maintain plant safety, adhering to all regulatory guidelines, to ensure a safe workplace for all employees.
- Drive initiatives to maximize employee contribution in both product quality and production.
- Develop strategies to ensure the plant meets production goals and standards at minimal manufacturing costs.
- Identify areas for line improvements and efficiencies.
- Ensure all managers, supervisors, leads, including maintenance and production employees, are properly trained to perform their job functions in a safe and efficient manner.
- Analyze and establish workforce requirements to meet customer demands and business objectives.
- Calculate and report productivity and capacity, by work center, on a continuous basis.
- Ensure the plant and equipment is maintained in a safe, neat, and orderly fashion.
- Work closely with the Director of Supply Chain and other peers to ensure:
- o Production schedules are provided timely, within capacity, to ensure customer orders and expectations can be produced on time.
- o Raw materials meet production requirements in both quantity and quality.
- o Raw materials delivered to the floor are done efficiently and timely to meet production schedules.
- o Finished goods produced are handled and stored appropriately to fulfill customer orders and inventory stocking requirements.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- 3-5 years' experience in managing multiple departments within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Strong process documentation skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate team interactions and partner with Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance and other peers.
- MRP or ERP experience
In addition to possessing experience in and the ability to perform the duties outlined above, the qualified candidate will have a Bachelor Degree in Management, Manufacturing Engineering or similar educational background.
We offer competitive wages, growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement and much more
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your resume and salary requirements via e-mail, [email protected] , fax (303) 459-5103, or apply in person,
Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 5:00pm.
All responses must include salary requirements to be considered.