Maintains the Inventory Part Master to ensure contains the necessary elements to correctly execute transactions electronically through the software and physically through the Materials department. Assists the Sr. Inventory Analyst in maintaining proper stocking levels and preparing reports as required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Use advanced industry knowledge, experience, and techniques to create and maintain biennial and annual physical inventory plans for field bases. Must use own discretion and experience to make decisions regarding physical counts with little or no supervision.
- Schedule and monitor physical inventory for field base warehouse locations.
- Maintains Inventory Parts Master in RAMCO to accurately reflect parts information.
- Modifies part classifications as required for procurement and repair. Must rely on experience and knowledge to research effectivity and validate alternate part number usage, and make independent decisions with limited supervision.
- Ensures that department complies with quarterly Sarbanes Oxley Certification and ISO requirements for Inventory valuation. Reports any associated risks and assists in the implementation of controls to manage loss.
- Works closely with Logistics and Purchasing Departments to maintain offsite field addresses and contacts in Inventory database.
- Evaluates Inventory for: Obsolescence, Effectivity, Interchangeability, Usage, Min/Max stocking levels.
- Actively participate in the Safety Management System (SMS) implementation and initiatives. Be familiar with the SMS Policy Manual, SMS Procedures, OSHA, and HAZMAT
- Leads and participates team process improvement processes
- Other Duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Minimal travel may be required
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and three or more years’ inventory control experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years aviation and/or warehouse management experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university is preferred
Holder of an Airframe, Powerplant, A&P license or IA license a plus
Past aircraft inspector for 145 or 135 experience is also a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal with internal customers and external customers
- Strong interpersonal skills and high collaboration at all levels
- Advanced customer service and phone skills
- Demonstrates ability to effectively analyze and evaluate information and situations in search of best solutions
- Ability to understand, contribute and execute plans in support of corporate, divisional and department goals
- Working knowledge of computers and computer systems (including hardware and software)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word.
- Experience with RAMCO/ERP preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- APICS certification in Inventory Management desired
- A&P License helpful
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.